Visit with Family
General Visitor Information
- Check the Garden website calendar for special programs or exhibitions.
- If a family member needs a wheelchair, several are available from the admissions area on a first-come-first-served basis. Just ask an admissions associate for assistance.
- The Garden Gift Shop located at the admissions area is full of unique and beautiful items.
- For answers to any plant questions, stop in at the Sheffield Botanical Library, which houses a large reference collection specifically geared toward Southern gardens.
- For older kids, print and bring along a Garden Scavenger Hunt or Critter Crawl.
Must-See Outdoor Gardens
- Walk through the treetops on the 600 ft long Kendeda Canopy Walk and get an aerial view of Storza Woods, one the few remaining mature hardwood forests in the City of Atlanta. On your journey back, relax in a tranquil Cascades Garden that bursts with brilliant flowers and flowing water features.
- Discover seasonal edibles growing in the Edible Garden. Formerly a parking lot, the Edible Garden demonstrates that fruits and vegetables make beautiful landscape plants.
- Stop and smell the roses in the colorful Rose Garden. Planted alongside companion perennials, these stunning roses are easy-care, old-fashioned or landscape varieties.
- For families with kids, visit the playful Children’s Garden where children can run through the Butterfly Maze, look for bullfrogs and tadpoles, slide down the slide at the Treehouse and more. If it’s a warm day, be sure to bring swimsuits, swim diapers and towels for a splash in Sunflower Fountain.
Fuqua Conservatory and Orchid Center
- Listen for the sounds of wildlife in the Fuqua Conservatory. Poison frogs, quail and geckos abound and lend their voices to a uniquely tropical experience.
- Walk through the Orangerie in the Fuqua Conservatory and discover some of the many ways humans use plants from dyes to beverages to medicines.
- The Fuqua Orchid Center features the largest public display of orchids under glass in the U.S. These striking orchids with their diverse shapes and smells are beautiful year round.
- Experience a diversity of tropical habitats in the Tropical High Elevation House. This room uses special technology to replicate a cool tropical mountaintop and displays the striking Nepenthes pitcher plant, a carnivorous plant from southeast Asia.