Pumpkin Carving Contest
Thursday, October 25
7 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Local celebrity chefs square off and put their pumpkin-carving prowess to the test during Fest-of-Ale. The chefs have 25 minutes to carve an award-winning masterpiece out of a giant pumpkin, and audience applause declares the winner.
Emceeing the contest will be John Kessler, celebrity restaurant critic for The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The 2012 competing Chefs include:
- Two-time defending Champion (2010, 2011) Tony Alberto, Chef and Visual Artist, Mabuhay Atlanta Master Art Studio
- 2009 Champion Chef Victor Dagatan, Ritz-Carlton Buckhead
- Chef Andrew Miller, Gwinnett Technical College
- Chef Max LeBlanc, Sun in My Belly
- Chef Greg Paine, Avante
- Chef Emily Phillips, Added Touch Catering
Following the competition, the carved pumpkins are sold in a silent auction benefiting the Garden. Also, don't miss the wacky Scarecrows in the Garden!
Chef Victor Dagatan of The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead is the 2012 Champion!